Second BSA conference on Society, Environment and Human Health
Keynote speaker: Dr Ben Wheeler (University of Exeter) will speak on:
‘Natural Environments, Health and Inequalities: Evidence and Policy.’
10.00 a.m. Coffee and Welcome from the organisers
10.30 a.m. Keynote: Dr Ben Wheeler
11.30 a.m. Short papers: Living the anthropocene
- Richard Compton: Prospecting the Anthropo(s)cene for health and illness.
- Fiona Shirani: Smart Living: implications for health and wellbeing.
- Jake Sallaway-Costello: Sustainable diets for a sustainable world; framing meat consumption as an issue of planetary health.
- Cassandra Hanrahan: Re-imagining Social work and One Health through a non-anthropocentric, anti-oppressive lens.
1.00 p.m. Lunch
2.00 p.m. Short papers: The environment, climate change and wellbeing
- Chris Yuill: Precarious solidarities – health, wellbeing and climate change in Xuan Thuy National Park, Vietnam.
- Hannah Pitt: Waterways’ missing communities and hidden wellbeing benefits.
- Sara MacBride-Stewart: 'But mostly it doesn't impact on the environment?' Trail-running, wellbeing values and environmental disturbance.
- Penny Newell, Francesca Pagni and Lucy Tutton: Mental health and wellbeing workshops for children and young people in high risk flooding areas.
3.30 p.m. Plenary discussion
4.30 p.m. Close
We are currently considering our next event.