The aims of the group are:
- To ensure a presence at BSA Conferences and events through establishing a sociology of rights stream;
- To create an online community that can share information on developments in the field, job opportunities and forthcoming conferences;
- To open up opportunities to promote the discipline of sociology and rights within universities that have a human rights focus;
- To create links with other disciplines working in the field of human rights (for example law, politics and philosophy);
- To communicate activities regularly to the BSA so that new people entering the field are aware of the group.
If you would like to join this Study Group, please email the Convenors with details of the institution that you are affiliated to and your area of interest.
Visit the Sociology of Rights Study Group Wiki-Website.
The Sociology of Rights Study Group Annual Report is now available.