- BSA Medical Sociology (MedSoc) Study Group.
- BSA MedSoc Group Annual Conference.
- Vitae. UK organisation championing the personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes
Research Grants and Fellowships
- Foundation for the Sociology of Health and Illness.
Mildred Blaxter Post-Doctoral Fellowships and travel grants for research in the sociology of health and illness.
- Economic and Social Research Council
PhD Studentships, ‘Future Research Leaders’ scheme for early career researchers and research grants in the social sciences. ‘Influencing behaviour and informing interventions’ is a strategic priority for 2011-15.
- Wellcome Trust
Studentships, fellowships and small grants in ‘medical history and humanities’ and ‘ethics and society’.
- Medical Research Council
Studentships and fellowships in research across the biomedical spectrum (includes some medical sociology).
- Leverhulme Trust
Early career fellowships across all academic disciplines.
- British Academy
Small research grants and postdoctoral fellowships in the humanities and social sciences.
- Chief Scientist Office (Scotland)
Studentships, fellowships and research grants in areas relating to health services and the health of public.