The BSA Youth Study Group convenors are stepping down at the end of the year, and we would like to recruit up to three new convenors, including one from the BSA’s postgraduate community. The aim of the postgraduate role is to help us to enhance the Study Group’s engagement with, and support for, postgraduate researchers situated within the sociology of youth and wider youth studies community. Typical activities for both convenors would be working as a team to organise, publicise and run Study Group events (ideas for future events are welcome) as well as contributing to the Study Group’s mailing list and social media communications. We welcome interest from anyone with a research interest in a relevant area, broadly defined as ‘the sociology of youth’ but would also include allied subjects in social sciences/humanities.
- You need to be a current member of the British Sociological Association
- For the postgraduate role: You need to be registered for a PG research degree in a UK institution in a relevant subject
If you are interested, please send a short statement of no more than 200 words on why you would like to be a Study Group convenor, to include:
- 1-2 sentences about your research.
- What would you like to do as a Study Group convenor?
- For the postgraduate role: What would you like to see the Study Group doing to meet the needs of the postgraduate community?
Email your statement along with your name, institution, contact details and BSA membership number to Helene Snee by Monday, 10 September 2018. If you are a postgraduate, please also include your year of study and whether you are full/part-time.
BSA Youth Study Group Convenors
- Kirsty Finn (Lancaster University)
- Helene Snee (Manchester Metropolitan University)